[unable to retrieve full-text content]
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.
We’ve also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects
Just like the original unit, with the Mode selector you can choose 12 different combinations of echo playback heads and reverb (4 Echo only, 7 Echo+Reverb, 1 Reverb only).
We’ve modelled three different tape types. The original RT-1L, a more modern replacement, and an older worn out tape. Each tape will affect the sound in a subtle but different way, especially at higher feedback (Intensity) settings.
WOW/Flutter will also change according to the selected tape, creating different amount of pitch and volume nonlinearities.
Changing the speed of the repetitions (Repeat Rate) will also affect the tape frequency response.
An amazing tape delay emulation that demands to be tried – and, at this crazy price, almost certainly bought– by any producer or guitarist.
10/10 – Computer Music Magazine
•Vintage Tape Echo
•3 Tape modes: Original, Modern, Old
•Spring Reverb (with short/long Decay)
•Background Noise with Envelope
•Oversample up to 16x
•Preset system with randomizer
•Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
•Platforms: OSX, Windows
•Volume/Pan for each Head
•Low/Hi Cut for Feedback Section
•Rate Ballistic control
•Variable Speed (± 50 ms)
– Improved: All additional controls are now available in a dropdown panel
– Improved: CPU performance on both Echo and Reverb sections
– Added: Global option to switch Echo and Reverb Volume parameters curve (linear or audio taper)
– Added: VST3 plugin format
– Added: 10 New Presets
– Fixed: MAC with High Sierra (APFS) presets scrambled
– Fixed: Wet Only Lock bug
– Fixed: Minor graphic glitches
•Full polyphony (61 upper + 61 lower + 25 pedals = 147 notes)
•91 modeled tonewheels with accurate phase synchronization
•Adjustable leakage noise and cross modulation between tonewheels
•A total of 22 different tonewheel generators to choose from
•Generator shaping for a total of 154 generator combinations
•Adjustable global tuning from 430 to 450 Hz
•Foldback on 16" deactivatable
•Resistor wiring with multiple options
•Realistic “run” motor wow & flutter
•Busbars and 9 key contact simulation
•Two separate sets of drawbars per manual
•Full "inverted octave" presets
•String Bass with adjustable release time
•Loudness "robbing" effect
•Single triggered percussion with natural capacitor discharge/recharge
•Adjustable Percussion Level & Decay
•Vibrato/Chorus virtual scanner
•Adjustable Vibrato Scanner depth & mix
•Separated Upper and Lower V/C tablets with smooth switching
•Dynamic tube overdrive simulation
•Digital stereo reverb
•Rotary speaker simulation with virtual microphone positioning
•Rotors "Front Stop" brake position
•Very low CPU consumption
•Advanced MIDI Learn function with import/export of custom mappings
•Upper and Lower manuals SPLIT with adjustable split point
•Adjustable output level
•Supports pedal sustain
•Custom programmer with import/export of Programs and Banks
•...and many more.
VB3-II features deep editing of all Organ and Rotary Speaker parameters organized in separate windows. The parameters are organized in sections and represented as dropdown menus if they consist in lists of elements to choose from, check boxes if they consist in options to toggle, or horizontal sliders if they respond to a range of values spanning from 0 to 127.
October 12, 2018 - Version 1.1.1
- Organ model: Improved the keyclick and the cross-talk, introduced the "complex cross-talk on upper manual"
- Organ model: Modified "OLD" resistor wire set to have a better drawbar balance on the top octave
- Organ model: Added new resistor wire set that disables the foldback (Spinet style)
- Rotary Speaker: Extended rotation speed and ramp time ranges, and now displayed in actual Hz and Seconds
- The Pedal-to-Lower function can now work in both Overlay or in Split mode between the pedalboard and the lower manual
- The CC#64 Pedal Speed functions now switches between FAST and
according to the previous Speed lever position
- The CC#64 Pedal function can now also be completely disabled, letting CC #64 to be freely assigned
- The Settings Panel now opens inside the main window and no longer creates a new pop-up window
- Updated the PDF Manual with new informations, please have a look at it.
- Minor optimizations and bugfixes that apparently will not please anyone except the developer himself :)