Feature Overview of J74 Progressive
MIDI Chord Progression Editor for building chord progressions, arpeggio's and various harmonic evolutions directly as MIDI clips.
- Intuitive user interface which closely recalls the one used in sequencers
- Any key, any octave, any scale (40+ presets available). Possibility of creating a custom scale.
- Progressions editing with per chord selection among triads, 7th, 9th (Add2), 11th (7 Sus4) and 13th (Sixth) chord shapes
- Options for insertion of borrowed chords and accidentals
- Automatic chord inversion and programmable per-chord inversion type (root shape and three inversion types)
- Chord Explorer view for an overview of all the chords available in the selected scale (chord buttons can be MIDI mapped)
- Circle of Fifths view useful for planning modal changes of key or borrowed chords
- Several performance modes (hold down chords, arpeggio styles, humanized timing and dynamics, guitar striking emulation)
- Free editable arpeggio patterns, including possibility for syncopation
- Possibility of defining custom chords
- Humanize timing and dynamics by subtle fluctuations
- Live Mode for programming and testing a progression in real time (MIDI sent directly by the Progressive device, without clip).
- Results can be consolidated as standard MIDI clips in your Ableton Live tracks
MIDI Clip Modifier adapt an existing MIDI clip (or MIDI clip selection) to a selected scale and apply dynamics.
- Works on any MIDI clip you recorded or imported
- Adapts the MIDI clip by selectively transposing notes not fitting the target scale (harmonize section)
- Adds dynamics to MIDI velocity and time events (humanize section)
- Adds groove and swing to timing (groove section)
- Can manipulate pitch and time with pitch rotation, note split to grid and note distribution (modify section)
MIDI Clip Analyser for detecting scale or chords in MIDI clips
- Scale detection works on entire MIDI clips or partial selections in a clip
- Detects Scales also if partial match is present
- Detects Root in many conditions
- Chord detection on partial selections in a clip
Audio Analyser for detecting notes, chords and scales in audio feeds
- Displays notes in real time from the audio source
- Detects Scales and Chords by collecting notes
Requirements, Specifications and Documentation
Progressive is an Ableton Live Max for Live device for Live 9 and higher.
You must have a Max for Live licence to run it and it will run properly only in Live 9 or higher (older versions of Live, such as Live 8, are not supported).
J74 has updated the J74 product line of Ableton Live / Max for Live plugins for compatibility to Ableton Live 10: